Dietary Service Aides
Willoughby, OH 44094
HealthCare Reserves, a division of The Reserves Network, is a leading provider of staffing services in Allied Health, Nursing, and Medical Office staff. Our core business consists of flexible staffing services, including Temporary, Temp-to-Hire and Direct Hire placements.
Healthcare Reserves has partnered with a care facility in the Lake County area and we are currently looking for Dietary Service Aides. This position is a temporary to possible permanent position.
- Performs day-to-day culinary functions to serve meals and snacks that are palatable and appetizing in appearance that provides residents with an exceptional dining experience.
- Assists in serving meals as necessary and on a timely basis, delivers food carts, trays, etc. to designated areas, and works in serveries.
- Serves food in accordance with established portion control procedures.
- Ensures that culinary services work areas and equipment are maintained in a clean, sanitary, and safe manner. Assists in daily or scheduled cleaning duties as needed and directed by supervisor (i.e. cleaning work stations, counters, refrigerators/freezers, etc., sweeping and mopping floors, washing dishes and returning clean items to proper storage areas, removing garbage, keeping work areas clean, dry, and free of hazardous equipment and supplies, etc.).
- Assists in executing special events and participating in their planning and preparation.
- Distributes, collects, and counts menus as necessary.
- Ensures that established quality assurance, infection control, and universal precaution practices are maintained when performing departmental procedures.
- Maintains the confidentiality of resident care information.
- Willingly and consistently shares observations and insights of departmental operations that may improve quality and efficiencies of department.
- Attends all-employee and departmental meetings and in-service training as scheduled or as directed.
- Listens and responds to the needs of residents and staff members.
- Helps residents and visitors feel welcome and comfortable.
- Maintains current and accurate records through use of computers and/or other documentation in accordance with company standards and federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Food service experience a plus, but not required.
About Healthcare Reserves
Healthcare Reserves exists to be different, as it is easy to be the same as other staffing providers in our space. We aim to foster a collaborative work environment where people have the freedom to be creative, to put their ideas on paper, and most importantly, to execute – in other words, don’t hold back from being a “thought-leader”, regardless of position, if that’s what it takes to be the motivated and energetic person our healthcare professionals and customers deserve. We strive to place quality people in a position they are right for – we take the time to listen, to understand and discover what our team members and customers truly want and need in order for them to say “yes”!