Mentor, OH , Cleveland, OH Mentor, OH 44060
Healthcare Reserves is a leading provider of staffing services in Allied Health, Nursing, and Medical Office professionals. Our core business consists of flexible staffing and recruiting services, including, but not limited to, Temporary, Temp-to-Hire and Direct Hire placements. We have a new and very exciting contract-to-hire opportunity with a leading continuing care retirement community (CCRC) in a Cleveland east-side suburb. This is a great opportunity for a qualified Cook II who is looking to gain/add to their experience in a healthcare setting along with starting a career with an incredible organization.
Please see below for more details on what you'd be doing:
- Are you a team player? If yes, please keep reading.
- Do you like to work in a collaborative environment? If yes, please keep reading.
- Do you want to be part of a great organization? If yes, please keep reading.
The Cook II prepares food in accordance with company standards and federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations to ensure that quality nutritional services are provided on a daily basis and that the culinary services are maintained in a clean, safe, and sanitary manner.
- Prepares and serves all products and meals so they are palatable and appetizing in appearance.
- Ensures timely and efficient meal service by preparing food in accordance with quality standards, sanitary regulations, and established policies and procedures.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to ensure a smooth service period.
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes, recipe specifications, and portion control procedures.
- Reviews production for raw quantities to prepare and estimate required portions.
- Assists supervisor in maintaining food and supplies inventory by providing an accurate requisition of food and supplies on schedule.
- Assists in maintaining department work areas and equipment in a clean and safe manner by participating in cleaning duties, following sanitation schedule, and disposing of food and waste properly for tables, shelves, walls, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range, and refrigeration equipment.
- Assists departmental leadership in development of cooking staff with training and coaching as directed.
- In the absence of supervisor, assumes the responsibility of food production operations.
Customer Relations and Service Delivery
- Listens and responds to the needs of residents and staff members.
- Maintains the confidentiality of resident care information.
Quality, Compliance, and Risk Management
- Ensures food production of consistently high quality food, always delivering and presenting a quality plate every time.
- Ensures that the resident's individual needs are met by following special diet orders and serving food in accordance with established portion control procedures.
- Ensures that established quality assurance, infection control, and universal precaution practices are maintained when performing dietary procedures.
- Attends all-employee and departmental meetings and in-service training as scheduled or as directed.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Two years quantity and/or restaurant-style cooking experience required.
- Knowledge of cooking methods and food and catering trends with focus on quality, production, sanitation, and presentation required.
- Experience in food cost and operational control preferred.
- Proficiency with Point of Sale (POS) and diet management software preferred.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
About Healthcare Reserves
Healthcare Reserves exists to be different, as it is easy to be the same as other staffing providers in our space. We aim to foster a collaborative work environment where people have the freedom to be creative, to put their ideas on paper, and most importantly, to execute – in other words, don’t hold back from being a “thought-leader”, regardless of position, if that’s what it takes to be the motivated and energetic person our healthcare professionals and customers deserve. We strive to place quality people in a position they are right for – we take the time to listen, to understand and discover what our team members and customers truly want and need in order for them to say “yes”!