Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON)
1150 West Market Street, Akron, OH 44313 , 3560 West Market Street, Akron, OH 44333 Akron, OH 44313
Healthcare Reserves is a leading provider of staffing services in Allied Health, Nursing, and Medical Office professionals. Our core business consists of flexible staffing and recruiting services, including, but not limited to, Temporary, Temp-to-Hire and Direct Hire placements. We have a new and very exciting contract-to-hire opportunity with a leading continuing care retirement community (CCRC) in Akron, Ohio. This is a great opportunity for a Registered Nurse (RN) who is looking to gain management experience along with starting a career with an incredible organization!
Please see below for more details on what you'd be doing as an ADON:
The Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) supervises the day-to-day activities of the Nursing Department of a life plan community in accordance with current federal, state and local standards, guidelines, and regulations to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
Essential Activities and Tasks
- Ensures that all staff involved in providing care to residents and patients are aware of the care plan/documentation and that care plans are used in administering daily care to residents and patients.
- Monitors all nursing services and care to ensure that all resident and patient care needs are met.
- Participates in reviewing that care needs can be met for potential admissions.
- Willingly and consistently shares observations and insights of departmental operations that may improve quality and efficiencies of department.
- Attends all-employee and departmental meetings and in-service training as scheduled or as directed.
Relationship Building - Very Important!
- Interacts with residents and patients to ensure that quality care and positive resident/patient and staff relations are taking place.
- Maintains open and trust-building relationships with residents, patients, and family members, responding professionally and promptly to any requests or concerns.
- Interviews, selects, and orients new direct reports.
- Defines, establishes, and promotes performance expectations so direct reports understand and demonstrate excellence through high quality and consistent performance.
- Evaluates job performance of direct reports in accordance with the company policy and procedure and provides developmental guidance to staff for improved performance and growth.
- Participates in the development, planning, scheduling, conducting, and monitoring of in-service training programs, on-the-job training, and orientation programs for departmental staff.
- Ensures that there is a reasonable and sufficient plan for staffing should a direct report be absent or a direct reporting position be vacant
- Ensures completion of necessary medical forms and reporting by nursing staff.
- Produces reports, evaluations, studies, etc., as necessary.
- Ensures that all documentation is informative and descriptive of services/care provided.
- Nursing degree from an accredited college, university or vocational school required.
- Current unencumbered license for the state of Ohio to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) required.
- One year experience as a supervisor in a hospital, long term care facility, or other related health care facility REQUIRED.
- Three years experience working as a nurse in a hospital, long term care facility, or other related health care facility required.
- Proficiency with Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and the internet required.
- Proficiency with electronic medical records (EMR) preferred.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
About Healthcare Reserves
Healthcare Reserves exists to be different, as it is easy to be the same as other staffing providers in our space. We aim to foster a collaborative work environment where people have the freedom to be creative, to put their ideas on paper, and most importantly, to execute – in other words, don’t hold back from being a “thought-leader”, regardless of position, if that’s what it takes to be the motivated and energetic person our healthcare professionals and customers deserve. We strive to place quality people in a position they are right for – we take the time to listen, to understand and discover what our team members and customers truly want and need in order for them to say “yes”!